понедельник, 20 января 2014 г.


The Free Movement - I've Found Someone Of My Own (1972) 



Artist: The Free Movement
Title: I've Found Someone Of My Own
Label: Columbia
Catalog#: KC 31136
Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
Country: Canada
Released: 1972
Genre: R&B, Pop-Soul
Duration: 00:39:21






•  The six-member group Free Movement hit in 1971 with "I've Found Someone of My Own," a Top Five pop/Top 20 R&B hit on Decca Records. The group's sound was similar to the 5th Dimension. Godoy Colbert (the Pilgrim Travelers, the Pharaohs), Josephine Brown (the Five Bells of Joy), Cheryl Conley, Jennifer Gates, and brothers Adrian and Claude Jefferson met in Los Angeles and began recording demos. Decca issued the single "I've Found Someone of My Own," which made it to number 20 R&B and number five pop on Billboard's charts in the spring of 1971.
By then, the group had signed to Columbia Records. I've Found Someone of My Own was the title of their Columbia LP, released in January 1972. "The Harder I Try (The Bluer I Get)" b/w "Comin' Home" was the follow-up single peaking at number 49 R&B, number 50 pop in early 1972. Another single was a cover of Stephen Stills' "Love the One You're With." The group never charted after the second single. - Ed Hogan


-------- ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ --------
 
  Side One:
A1.  I've Found Someone Of My Own 03:44
A2. Land Where I Live 02:56
A3. Son Of The Zulu King 05:04
A4. If Only You Believe 02:47
A5. Love The One You`re With 03:45
 • Side Two:
B1. The Harder I Try (The Bluer I Get) 03:26
B2. Coming Home 02:58
B3. I Know I Could Love You Better (The Second Time Around) 03:21
B4. You Love Has Grown Cold 02:55
B5. Could You Believe In A Dream 04:16
B6. Where Do We Go From Here 03:41

     Manufactured By – Columbia Records Of Canada, Ltd.
     Recorded At – Columbia Studios
     Recorded At – Larrabee Sound Studios
     Producer, Arranged By – Toxey French
     Executive-Producer – Bill Straw



Members:
Milt Holland, Victor Feldman - Percussion
Bobby West, Jerry Scheff -
Bass
Mike Omartian - Piano
Bobby Hall, King Erison - Congas
Ben Benay, Jerry McGhee - Guitar
Gene Pello - Drums


-----  ☆☆☆ -----

---

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий