Anton Fig - Figments 2002 Planula Records
Band/Artist: Anton Fig
© & ® 2002 Planula Records Inc.
Genre: Rock, Pop/Rock, Melodic
Total Time: 01:01:52
• Born in Cape Town, South Africa, Anton began playing drums at age four. After performing in numerous successful local rock bands he moved to Boston to further pursue his musical interests. His formal education included studies at the New England Conservatory of Music in Boston, studying both jazz and classical disciplines graduating with Honors in 1975. In 1976 he moved to New York where he began to establish a career as a freelance musician.
• Anton is presently a member of the "CBS Orchestra" appearing nightly on 'Late Show with David Letterman' - a position he has held since 1986. During this tenure he has played with scores of great artists including Miles Davis, James Brown, Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Winwood, Bonnie Raitt and Tony Bennett. The CBS Orchestra has backed up a host of artists in other venues such as Stevie Wonder, Faith Hill, Little Richard and BB King at the closing ceremonies of the summer Olympic Games in Atlanta. They also backed Al Green, Gloria Estefan, In Sync and Eric Clapton for VH1's Save the Music concert at the White House.
• Some of the many recordings Anton has made include selections with Bob Dylan, Mick Jagger, Kiss, Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, Gary Moore, Spider, Ace Frehley, Joan Armatrading, Rosanne Cash, Joe Cocker, John Phillips, Warren Zevon, Sebastian Bach and Paul Butterfield.
• As a freelance drummer Anton has also played live with Paul Simon, Booker T and the MG's, The Thompson Twins at Live Aid, and played alongside Jim Keltner for Bob Dylan's 30th Anniversary concert celebration.
• Anton continues to be an in demand studio and live musician and is currently recording and composing for numerous projects.
• "Figments"- Produced and co-written by Anton Fig, reflects his influences from growing up in Cape Town, South Africa to living and working as a successful drummer in New York City. Singers, musicians and special guests include Richie Havens, Brian Wilson, Ivan Neville, Sebastian Bach, Ace Frehley, Al Kooper, Chris Spedding, Donald 'Duck' Dunn, Chip Taylor, Blondie Chaplin, Paul Shaffer, Randy Brecker, Chris Botti and Richard Bona. The album conveys many different musical settings with styles ranging from Pop to World - with detours in -between.
01. Home Home (Blondie Chaplin) 04:48
02. Hand On My Shoulder (Brian Wilson) 04:31
03. Inside Out (Randy Brecker) 04:29
04. More Than Friends (Richie Havens) 04:27
05. Know Where You Go (Ace Frehley) 05:49
06. Utopia (Chris Spedding) 04:21
07. 3:4: Folk (Richard Bona) 05:24
08. Jan/Feb/March (Anton Fig) 03:10
09. Tears (Chris Botti) 05:24
10. When the Good Die Young (Chip Taylor) 05:56
11. Anyway That You Want Me (Al Kooper) 03:34
12. Heart of Darkness (Anton Fig) 04:46
13. Know Where You Go II (Brian Wilson) 05:13
----- ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ -----